Thursday, May 9, 2013

Wide Solomon Bar belt

Another one for the sale. This one is a wide solomon bar, again from fusion knots. I don't really like how this one turned out; there's a few inconsistencies in the weave which are surprisingly obvious, the pattern "slipped" so that the two sides are slightly offset, and the end turned out quite messy. I'm also not sure about the colours. I was in a hurry when I made it, if I'd thought it throught better to begin with I would have used a single black strand rather than two (meaning two less end to deal with), and if I had spent longer on it I might have found a nicer way to tie it off.

I was saving this buckle for a belt that used black paracord.
You can see here how it narrows and "slips".
The end was very messy.
The inside actually looks nicer than the outside.
When I was planning this belt I discovered some of the modified versions I could do. I just wish I could stop the weave from slipping on one side, I think there might be a way to do it based on the steps in the weave and the tension on the cord, but I can't really be bothered to look into it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment