Monday, May 6, 2013

KBK Bar Belt

I've been weaving some belts for a handicrafts sale that's coming up - I'm really just using it as an excuse to try some patterns on Fusion Knots that I've had my eye on. This one is the KBK Bar.


I had a little trouble finishing it neatly; I think this type of paracord doesn't melt as nicely either, which didn't help:

I always keep weaves tight, as it's the easiest way I've found to keep them consistant - and for a belt it keeps the belt from being too stretchy. I think that in this case it doesn't look as good though, and to be honest I'm not really happy with the colours either. However, this is the thinnest paracord belt I've woven yet, it's quicker to make than the Derweesh pattern and in solid black I think it would made a decent belt for a man, if perhaps a little narrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sehr schöne arbeit. Wie lang ist der Gürtel und wieviel Meter Paracord hast Du dafür gebraucht.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid it's been so long that I really don't remember how much paracord I used, and I no longer have the belt so I couldn't tell you how long it was. It's a relatively narrow belt and the weave is not as dense as some others, so I would say that overall it uses less paracord than the average paracord belt.

      Delete