Friday, May 3, 2013

Slatt's belt

I finally finished my Slatt's belt (thanks again to JD of Fusion Knots for the easy to follow instructions). There's about 120 feet of paracord in here. I used a trick I've been working on to line up the belt with the buckle properly, I've since improved the method and will post the details later. I also replaced the metal tube of the buckle with a firestarter that I cut to size.

It might not be obvious, but I couldn't quite close the metal buckle over the firestarter properly, and now the whole buckle is slightly trapezoidal rather than square. The belt is quite thick and heavy, and pushing the belt prong through the weave is a little awkward.

But other than all that it's pretty decent. Still, I plan to replace it with a Derweesh pattern belt, which should be thinner and easier to use, but I'm having trouble adapting the MarkII pattern to work with 6 spine strands, and just can't seem to find the time to work on it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment