Monday, January 13, 2020

Some Light Gaming

A few weeks ago we got more people together than usual for gaming. It was mostly 40K; I borrowed some Grey Knights for a quick game myself:
As we started late the other tables had taken all of the terrain

That was a strange game. My tac brother were wiped out by a lot of high-quality Space Wolf shooting, then my terminators teleported behind enemy lines and got into combat. While they were slowly being whittled down, my hammer captain was ust murdering everything. I eventually called a truce though as my head was starting to hurt.

After a bit of a break I gave a quick demo game for Warmachine, using my now standard demo lists.
Moving on up
I initiate with my jacks
Butcher feats and counter-punches
Strakhov tries to gun Butcher down, but my dice are cold
It took more resources than expected but ultimately Strakhov went down

My opponent, who I shall nickname "Fuzzy", picked the game up quite quickly and seemed to enjoy it well enough. He's currently focused on building up a 40K army and I don't think he's ready to start picking up Warmachine models right now, but he doesn't seem opposed to playing the occasional game with borrowed models, which is fine with me, although I might need to sort out a better transport solution so I can carry more models around then...

Well, I don't know if Warmachine is going to start taking off locally, but at least I've been able to get some games in. I've been enjoying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment