Tuesday, April 18, 2023

More Fancy Boxes

As part of my continuing efforts to improve my storage and transport setup for my games, I put together a dice box for that Monpoc doubles as a building. The file is up on Thingiverse. I printed up two buildings that hold enough dice for a single player each. I will probably play them as skyscrapers or appartment blocks. I considered trying to model it to look more like one of the official buildings, but I decided efficiency and ease of printing was more important. It's also nice that they're really easy to paint. I painted the windows with Green Stuff World 1864 Metalcolor Sharkfin Blue, but I found it didn't create enough contrast (either color or value) on the grey building so I went over it with Vallejo 71.071 Model Air Metallic Arctic Blue. For the white building I went over the windows with Citadel 'Ardcoat first, then painted the Sharkfin Blue on top. This gave a smoother layer. It may look very simple, but this took several iterations and a LOT of swearing at my printer to get to this point. I might make improvements in the future, but for now this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment