Sunday, October 10, 2021

A Big Monkey Walks Into A City...

This was Speedy's second game of Monpoc. I still don't have four painted monsters so we're still running one a side, but I decided to play Kondo with the Terrasaur units instead of Khan. I won the roll to go first.
Units rush to grab power nodes.
The monsters clash, with Kondo being thrown into a building but bouncing right back into Defender's face.
However a step back from Defender leaves Kondo unable to align for a power attack, so a basic brawl is all I can do.
Units trade blows, but we're too spread out to focus attacks very well.
Defender is able to fly around Kondo to get into a position to throw him again, backing up afterwards.
Kondo gets behind Defender and suplexes him backwards into a building.
Our units aren't really doing all that much, with lots of missed attacks.
Defender gets off another power attack, leaving Kondo on 2 health. Kondo throws Defender as far away as possible and then backs away.
A bunch of spawned tanks hit Kondo for a point of health; I try to block alignment with my units but Defender really just needs to land a blast attack to take Kondo down. It costs him a point of health to get into position, but he manages to land the shot for the win.
This was my first game with Kondo. Getting to ignore buildings and things with High Mobility was nice. I didn't really miss having a blast attack, but at first glance I'm not sure how to use his kit. He seems to want to destroy buildings and units? I don't really know. But more and more I'm seeing the importance of positioning. Problem is I can't see what I need to do yet, so far I only see what went wrong or right after the fact. I still feel like we need two monsters each for the game to really work, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment