Saturday, October 26, 2019

A Magic Box


This is a box that I CNC-ed earlier this year. It was intended to hold my red/blue starter Magic The Gathering deck. Which I used once before deciding I couldn't be bothered to get into Magic.


So it sat for a while, assembled but unused. Eventually I decided to use it to test some ideas, so I painted in the logos (Citadel Glaze Guilliman Blue and Bloodletter), then airbrushed on a wood staing/varnish, lightly sanding once dry. Which worked surprisingly well, so that was nice.

I had issues with the mill bit being slightly out of spec leading to loose fitting parts, and I screwed up the positioning of the logos just a little bit . Still, I'm quite happy with the result, although the woodstain turned out more yellow that I expected - I would have preferred a more reddish-brown. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment