Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Calculating... please wait...

I started working on a Warmahordes battle simulator a long time ago, but I've been spending less and less time on it as my interest waned (not like I don't have other things to do after all; so many unpainted models...). However, with the announcement for MkIII, I decided to just post it in it's current state, since it'll be outdated soon anyway. I'll try to at least get all the model and weapon special rules working before the new edition comes out. Fingers crossed.

Right now the basic simulation should be functional: just enter the attacker and defender stats and the number of simulations to run and it should pretty much work. I tried to make it as simple as possible while still encapsulating most of the model rules that I am familiar with, but there are some fiddly bits; for example boosting, dropping dice, etc. Hover the mouse over any labels for an explanatory tooltip.

If you're familiar with javascript you can view the page source code to see how it works. Let me know if you catch any bugs or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment