Thursday, April 10, 2014


I'm slightly annoyed today. Yesterday night I finally finished a conversion I've been working on for ages; a repose of Katherine Laddermore. It's a rather small repose, but it turned out to be far more difficult than I expected in some areas, and I ended up having to do a lot of greenstuff work that more advanced than anything I've done before. So anyway, it's kind of a big deal to me, and yesterday I finally put it all together and was gluing on the very last piece -a sheathed sword- when that piece suddenly just broke.

The sword's handle just suddenly snapped in half, I don't know what happened to weaken it so. I spent almost an hour this morning trying to fix or replace the handle, but wasn't able to do it. So yeah, I'm rather frustrated about it right now. I have an idea for how to sculpt a replacement, but it's a bit involved and might take a little while. If all else fails I'll order a replacement, but I'd rather not have to. I don't really need to worry about it right now since I can glue it on any time later, even after the model is painted if need be, but I don't like leaving loose threads lying around.

I don't normally post about models until they're done, but this is a special case because Laddermore is the first Privateer Press model I ever bought (along with Kell Bailoch) and this is the most technically ambitious conversion I've done so far (soldering tiny wires notwithstanding), and the model is pretty much done (at least the hard/risky stuff, I might spend time trying to fix the sword but at the end of the day I could just buy a replacement and glue it on), so this is kind of a big deal for me. I'll withhold photos until it's painted though.

No comments:

Post a Comment