Sunday, February 23, 2020

Zone Raiders Card Creator V1.09


I absolutely love the setting of Zone Raiders. Though I have not had a chance to play a game yet, the rules look pretty good to me from my first read-through.

While the book has a sheet for building your characters, I'm rather fond of Warmachine-style character cards, so I decided to throw together my own little Zone Raiders card creator. It's relatively simple and has a lot of re-used code, so it actually didn't take me too long to get this far. It's still a work in progress of course.

I wanted the card creator to pull double-duty, allowing the user to either print it out empty and fill in the data with a pen/cil, or to fill it in the browser, but then overwrite it later as characters changed (these overwrites might just be temporary until the user has time to update the original card if they are willing to keep printing out cards), so I made sure all the fields were as large as I could fit them and set pretty much all the text to be white.

Right now there's a few elements I'm not completely sure about; for example the font size is a bit large, which means some names and things need to be abbreviated. I'm considering shrinking the font size, but I feel that would look a bit funny, so what I would really like to do it add a menu option to allow the user to set some parameters such as font size. Perhaps in later iterations.

I wish I could set the whole thing to save profiles so they can be loaded later, but I don't know how to do that working out of Blogger. There are some other "advanced" functions that I am interested in adding, if I have the time and end up getting into Zone Raiders. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, please post any questions or suggestions for changes as comments on this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment