Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lets try again

I'm back from holiday, ready to pick up where I left off. The varnish I left in the window for a month looks unchanged, so I'm going to try it on my next painted model, a powerfist seargent that I've begun work on.

I've not done any work on my engine, but I have found something interesting. There's an easy-to-use modelling program called Xnalara, an a lot of people have been converting models from games for it. Crutially, there's a script to import these textured, rigged models into Blender. Once there it's possible to export the model using my own exporter and import into my game engine! This means I have a ready supply of assets for testing purposes. I tested this with a Superman model extracted from Midway's Mortal Kombat vs DC by Nobby76 and Vega82:

I haven't tried animating it yet (the pose is currently baked in), that's next on my list. While I was playing around, I put this together:

That's the aforementioned Superman, Batman from Arkham Asylum converted by o0Crofty0o, and Flash from DC Online converted by RazKurdt. The models were posed in Xnalara, the JLA text was created in Blender, and then they were composited in Gimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment