Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finally back to square one.

So the new mesh system is almost fully integrated (as much as the old one at least), including the new LOD system. As I said this new system is easier to use, in fact today I exported a simple model from Blender with two LOD levels:


I only ever tested the old LOD system with simple hand-made meshes, it would have taken a lot more work to get a mesh into it from a modeling program, so I'm happy with this. I'm still considering how (and whether) to implement smooth blending between the LODs (which was already working to a decent degree in the old system), but I think I'll leave that until later. On the plus side, this new system should be more efficient, is more modular, now supports binary files, and is much faster to load.

No comments:

Post a Comment