Saturday, February 8, 2020

Slow And Steady Gets The Race Cancelled

We played a few weeks ago but I was too busy to write up the report until now, so I don't really remember exactly how the game went. I played the same list as my last game:
Strakhov 1
- Juggernaut
- Destroyer
- Berserker
Nyss Hunters
Alexia and the Risen
Koldun Lord
Widowmaker Marksman
Kell Bailoch

Speedy was trying out another caster to see if he liked his playstyle:
Amon 1
- Crusader
- Reckoner
- Dervish x3
Cinerators
Errants (max)
Choir (min)
Wrack x3


Pre-Game:
Speedy said he wanted to keep things simple and not worry about a scenario, so we played a basic caster-kill game.


Deployment:
Fairly standard.


Round 1:
I advanced. The Berserker ran ahead with Superiority. The Marksman got Sentry.

Speedy ran his Errants around the forest on my left, but advanced his main army together in a block.


Round 2:
I started thinning out Errants.

Speedy put his Cinerators into my infantry.


Round 3:
I finished off most of his infantry, and sent the Berserker forward to get started on the warjacks.

Speedy killed the Berserker and finally brought his jacks forward to menace mine.


Round 4:
The Juggernaut killed a Dervish. I believe the Destroyer triggered Overrun off Speedy's last errant to pull the Juggernaut back. My Nyss Hunters finished off the Cinerators, while the Risen tried to make nuisances of themselves.

We stopped the game here because it was late (we started later than intended). I was definitely leading in attrition, but Speedy still had his heavies in good condition so it was certainly wasn't over.


Post-Mortem:
Being as this was his first game with Amon, Speedy didn't initially understand what Mobility did and therefore didn't cast it, which is why his battlegroup took so long to get into range. Screening his heavies with his lights was probably a very good idea, I think if he had used Mobility and moved his army (jacks AND infantry) forward together so that I had to deal with them all at the same time, then he could have gotten his heavies into mine and I would have had a hard time - between Choir and Synergy his jacks could hit much harder than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment